If you want to mail a check in the name of Health Foundation Nepal, please send it to the following address: 3953 Doonvalley Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28306
HFN fundraiser for our current projects
This is what your donation will do.
- Your support will help us establish a psychiatric rehabilitation center to take care of street dwelling mentally ill people in Nepal. You can also choose to donate for our other ongoing projects; Malnutrition Project, Chepang Health Project, Chepang Education Project.
Health Foundation Nepal is a non-profit with 501(3)(c) status from the IRS, any donations to our organization are tax deductible.
Please contact us If you need the EIN number of HFN before filing tax return.
Besides our ongoing projects on malnutrition, rural health clinic, Chepang health project and Chepang education project we are gearing up to initiate a mental health project in our project site in Dang. The first phase will be to establish a psychiatric rehabilitation center. Your contribution will be invaluable for us to turn our plan in to action.
HFN will have your name and contribution on the website, and your name will be on the wall of the psychiatric rehab center if you contribute $100.00 or more.
HFN is partnering with Movement for Inspiration Nepal (MOFIN), a local non-profit organization, to establish a psychiatric rehabilitation center in Laxmipur-1, Dang, Nepal. MOFIN already has land and a site for construction of a shelter to rehabilitate homeless people with severe psychiatric problems. Based on the request and proposal from MOFIN, HFN is taking this humanitarian effort to provide financial and technical support to establish and run free psychiatric rehabilitation center in Dang, Nepal.
Some facts about mental health care in Nepal:
- Mental health is the lowest health priority, and 4 out of 5 people with severe mental illness do not receive any mental health care in low and middle income countries including Nepal
- Less than 60 psychiatrists are serving the whole population of Nepal
- Only 1 psychiatric hospital in Nepal
- Only 7 district hospitals in the country provide mental health services
- 1.5 psychiatric beds per 100,000 population (only 112 psychiatric beds in government hospitals and 327 such beds in private hospitals in Nepal)
- There is no psychiatric rehabilitation center in Nepal even though few organizations have been trying to provide support to people with severe mental health problem
- Dang district of Nepal has more than half million population but does not have any mental health services
- Movement for Inspiration, a local organization, has found 21 people with severe mental health problems who have been living in the street
- Local people and concerned authorities have expressed dire need of mental health care in Dang, Nepal
- HFN is running most of its projects in Dang and has good local community support
- Establish a psychiatric rehab center and offer free residence to homeless street dwellers with severe mental illness identified by local organization, MOFIN
- Provide basic physiological needs of the residents with the support of MOFIN volunteers
- Provide free basic health care services to the residents with the help of HFN health team and volunteers from local hospital
- Provide free psychiatric evaluation and necessary treatment
- Help residents explore their interest and skills
- Provide necessary support to utilize resident’s skills and help them rehabilitate back to community
- Fundraising events: Starting from March 23, 2017
- Construction of a building for the psychiatric rehabilitation center: April to August 2017
- Initiation of psychiatric rehabilitation services: September 2017
Fundraising for Mental Health Project is in full swing right now. Here is the list for contributes.